Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paper making!

 We have been super busy making paper these past few weeks! I have big plans for the paper ;)- but for now I'll just share the process. We used the tin can paper making method- really easy, inexpensive and creates a cool little circle of paper. I lined the project up with earth day so we had the opportunity to talk about recycling and not wasting. It was really heartwarming to see the kids faces and excitement while making the paper and I even had students tell me they went home after class with me and their parents made paper with them at home- LOVE IT!! :))





                           Some of the papers in our "press".

                                   Awwww- sweet notes that my 3rd graders leave me at the end of the day- THIS MAKES MY WEEK when I find they have written kind things to me. NOTHING beats working with kids!
                    First we our the paper "slurry" into the can.
            Then we spend lots of time squishing the water out of our paper "patty".
              A nice piece of paper- ready to put in the press.
                Keeping the names on the paper is no easy task ;))).

More sweet notes!



No comments:

Post a Comment