Monday, August 26, 2013

End of the year teacher gifts


Before I finally start making art with the students tomorrow during my classes I thought I would post the teacher gifts that we made at the end of last year. I used the hand made papers that each child made and painted with similes or alliteration illustration. 

I cut out circles of wood with my jig saw then I glued the hand made papers around the edge. I topped it with a circular mirror and edged the mirror with different yarns to finish it off. The hard part was adding the hardware in the back to hang the frame ;).

On the back of each frame I glued an envelope and had the kids write a note to their teacher. I tucked the notes into the envelope in hopes that their teachers will read them again at a later date and remember how loved they are!!


 









With each frame we also made a coffee mug for each teacher ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment