Sunday, September 18, 2011

Printmaking your own handmade Memory Game






I've been in my own world lately planning my next after school art enrichment session. We are finishing up our session on painting textures and it has been so exciting to watch the students-being in that class it feels like a crazy science project gone awry with paint ;)......needless to say it's been a TON of fun and I feel like I have a lot to live up to!




After weeks of brainstorming and putting my own children through printmaking boot camp so I can test my ideas out on them I finally have my lesson plans and projects completed....whew! One of our favorites was our little Memory Game. I cut up pieces of styrofoam plates into little squares and had them choose a theme- my daughter chose the outdoors (although some silly face drawings were worked into hers ;)). Then she carved into the foam each image she invented and we glued them onto cardboard. When it was dry we printed them several times. Two of the printed sheets we cut and glued onto squares so we had our "matches". I also printed out a box template to keep her cards in and she played around with printing with the bottom of an eraser to decorate her box. So much fun!!!!


My 6 year old printed onto canvas and then painted around it to make this canvas "creature". It was cool printing on canvas since the texture is so different than paper and he was given another mini-sewing lesson as he helped me stuff it and stitch it closed.



I am really looking forward to seeing how my students approach these projects- I never get tired of watching them create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment