Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back to school- portfolio time!

 
 
 
I can't believe that we are going into the fifth week of school already!!!
 
We rolled out the year with our usual portfolio making. I remind the kids to tell me all about themselves with their drawing on their portfolios. It's pretty cute to see what they are interested in outside of school. It's really nice because I learn so much about some of my quieter kids that I normally don't have the opportunity to find out about them- like if they enjoy their dance class or playing lacrosse or cooking with their mom.
 
My partner, Mrs. Slats, built incredible storage for the portfolios this year made out of pallets. She stained and painted them to match our walls and covered the top with fabric so we have even more workspace at the front of the room. Each class has a section just for their portfolios. This is a big upgrade from the plastic bins I stuffed them in the past years ;). Heaven!!
 
Here are some photos of the kids working.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment